Friday, January 28, 2011

This Week's Entertainment Segment for Hoosier News Source

I thought that since my HNS Entertainment Updates inspired me to keep this blog going, it'd be a good idea to post them here.  Here is a link to the video (sorry I can't embed it).  Skip to about 6:15 to see me: http://www.iustv.com/EaJ/hoosier-news-source-season-3-episode-1/

And in keeping with the blog format, I've also included the script I wrote for the show, in case there are problems with the video or just on the off chance that some people enjoy reading!  Think of this as the week's highlights in entertainment news (or at least the stories that I found to be the most amusing).

Both so utterly relevant
Hey IU, hope you’re enjoying your classes this semester.  I’m not, but you know what I am enjoying?  Pointless celebrity feuds.  Prime example, Kim Kardashian recently stated that the MTV show "Teen Mom" sets a bad example for kids today and the stars of the show should not be idealized.  Perhaps the most notorious "Teen Mom" star, Amber Portwood, fired back stating, “she made a sex tape when she was younger, and she wants to bash the girls on 'Teen Mom?'”  It’s a Z-list Celebrity Deathmatch for the ages.  And the winner is...neither.  Because that would require actually labeling one of them a winner, and I’m not comfortable doing that.


Donny Osmond did it better.  The bowl-cut, I mean.
Justin Bieber’s personal hairstylist recently told Life & Style magazine that she charges about $750 for the famed bowl-cut.  And if you want that awesome style but you’re like, “baby, baby, baby, oh...my wallet!”  You can get the same tacky look for $14 at Supercuts.


Still better than Twilight
Jersey Shore star Snookie is no doubt partying hard this week because her book A Shore Thing just earned a spot on the New York Times Best Sellers List.  Here’s an excerpt from that outstanding piece of literature: “I love food.  I love drinking, boys, dancing until my feet swell.  And I love my body, especially the badonk.”  Poetry.


You know her 'Annie' wig is going to be fierce
And lastly, rumor has it that Will Smith is looking to remake the musical Annie staring his daughter, Willow Smith who is widely known and loved for whipping her hair back and forth. And while she is possibly the cutest and fiercest 10-year-old girl in the world, this movie is still not even remotely necessary.  And do you really think the child of Will Smith can convince you that it’s a hard-knock life?  Didn’t think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment