Sunday, January 16, 2011

Globes Part 6

Ricky Gervais quips that no one really cares about Foreign Language Films, so it's a good thing that the presenters for this category are Robert Pattinson and Olivia Wilde.  Just as I thought, her dress looks amazing under the stage lights.  The winner is In a Better World, a film from Denmark.  The woman accepting the award pauses a lot, and I think she might have trouble speaking English...or maybe it's just nerves.

Helen Miren is on stage introducing Best Drama nominee, The Kings Speech.  She can do no wrong.

Now, it's Best Actress in a TV comedy.  I think when they said Lea Michele's name while announcing nominees, someone booed.  Not classy, dude.  But she didn't win!  She'll be pissed if she's the only Glee star not to win.  I've heard from many people that she's a well-known diva.  I believe it.  Anyway, the winner is Laura Linney for The Big C.  She couldn't be there to accept the award, so the announcers accept it for her.  I always think that's strange.  If you knew you were nominated, but couldn't be there, wouldn't you send someone you liked or worked with to accept it for you instead of letting some random presenters that you don't even know do it?  I guess that's just not how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment