Sunday, January 16, 2011

Globes Part 3

Intro for Alice in Wonderland.  Yawn.  Speech about the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.  Double Yawn.  The President of the HFPA is here.  Triple Yawn?  I think that's going too far.

Now the award for Best Actor in a TV Drama.  Please be Michael C. Hall, I love him!  And it's Steve Buscemi.  Well, who doesn't love Steve Buscemi?  So I can understand that decision.  I just want Michael C. Hall to win something.  Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.  Steve says he's going to try to keep it short so he can evade the music.  Good luck, dude.

And now we have the award for Best TV Drama, and the winner is Boardwalk Empire.  Not surprising, HBO shows tend to do very well at the Globes.

Well, I have been posting at every break so far, but since this one is short, I think I'll wait to post until the next break.

Here's Andrew Garfield to introduce The Social Network.  He stumbles a few times trying to read the teleprompter, and he looks adorable doing it.

"He's Alec from the Rock, and she's Jenny from the Block," Ricky says as he announces Alec Baldwin and Jennifer Lopez.  Very cute.  They're presenting Best Original Song from a Motion Picture.  I think all of the nominees are musicals or music-oriented movies (except for Narnia).  The winner is "You Haven't Seen the Last from Me," the Cher song from Burlesque.  I was hoping for the song from Tangled to win, but I really can't argue about a Cher song getting this award.

Now it's the award for Best Original Score, and the winner is The Social Network and Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails.  That was a pretty intriguing score I must admit, but I was hoping Hans Zimmer would win for Inception because that score was perfection in my humble opinion.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment