Sunday, January 16, 2011

Globes Part 7

Hey, it's Jane Fonda!  The crowd gives her a standing ovation.  She's here to support her friend Cher, who's currently in Vegas doing a live show.  My dad saw that a few months ago when he was in Vegas.  It was amazing apparently.  Fonda introduces Best Comedy/Musical nominee Burlesque.

Here's Matt Bomer from White Collar (looking quite dapper in that suit, may I say) and Kaley Cuoco from The Big Bang Theory on stage to announce Best Actor in a Comedy.  Kaley is thrilled to announce that her costar, Jim Parsons, has won.  When he gets up to the stage, she gives him a big hug.  So. Darn. Cute.  Parsons wishes his cousin a happy birthday and apologizes for not being at his party. I think you have a good excuse, Jim.

Jeremy Irons is announcing Best Supporting Actress in a Drama.  I could listen to him speak all day.  The winner is Melissa Leo for The Fighter.  I saw this movie, and I thought she was good, but her character was a really stereotypical caricature.  I would have given it to Amy Adams instead, who did a lot with what would otherwise have been a very typical "girlfriend" character.  As she goes to the stage, Irons gives her a peck on the cheek.  "All that, and I got kissed by Jeremy Irons!"  She is loving being on that stage.  She also says that she thinks Amy should have won the award too, so I guess I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment